Obviously we did not have the travel year we originally planned. Trips to Jordan, Scotland, Canada, the Azores, and Spain were scrapped and Leandra spent hours (upon hours!) on the phone to get our money back for these cancelled flights. Although were were grounded for most of 2020, we did spend some time with our families and tackled a bunch of home improvement projects.
Some of our travel stats for the year:
- 2 countries visited: just the UK (Eric only) and Grand Cayman Island (first time though!)
- US states visited: road trips to Florida, New York, and Chicago to see family, including our first-ever visit to Cincinnati
- January: Eric witnessing the official Brexit from Parliament Square in London
- February: snorkeling on a quick trip to Grand Cayman, and not expecting it to be our last passport stamp of 2020…
- Spring: bread baking, puzzles, light art in the front window; Leandra started drawing again regularly
- July: family-time in New York
- September: family-time in Illinois
- October: hiking in the NC mountains
- Fall: home improvement projects – updating our whisky room, finishing the custom log table, creating a new fire-patio, planting lots of bulbs, and our LED-lit house lights.
- December: quick visit to the NC coast