Some of our travel stats for the year:
- 7 countries visited: we returned to the UK (3 times!), Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, and Spain, plus we added a first time visit to Luxembourg.
- Domestically we visited 12 states, with return trips to New York, Chicago, Oregon, Los Angeles and Florida, plus two weekend trips to the NC mountains.
- 52,713 total air miles on American Airlines, Southwest, British Airways, Iberia, and Delta (plus Icelandair and Finnair for Leandra…)
- Approximately 4,000 miles covered during roadtrips in Scotland, Western Europe, and our drives to New York and Florida.
Memorable places and sights:
- Tight parking spots and interesting whiskies in Ireland;
- Attending the Speyside whisky festival in Scotland (2nd year in a row) plus amazing weather during our visit to the Isle of Skye;
- Finally seeing the ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child’ 2-part show in London;
- Wine tasting amongst the colorful buildings and flower villages of Alsace;
- Pasha roaming Bailie Beach (Long Island) off leash at sunset, surprising us with a wade out into the water!
- Our first visit to the beautifully rugged Oregon coast;
- Jamon and other tasty foods in Southern Spain;
- Seeing both sets of parents, three siblings (+spouses), and all six of our nieces in one calendar year.