Previous years-in-review – 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
Some of our travel stats for the year:
- 7 countries visited (on 5 continents!): new countries this year included Portugal, Qatar, Namibia, Japan, and Korea, plus we had return trips to South Africa and Chile.
- 6 US states visited: return trips to New York, Chicago, San Diego, Atlanta, and Oregon wine country, plus our first ever visit to Dallas (outside the airport).
- 75,000 total air miles. We flew on American, Southwest, British Airways, Delta, and Qatar Airways, and also tried out Korean Air, Namibian Air, and LATAM.
- Over 5,000 miles covered during road-trips in Namibia and Patagonia, plus our annual summer drive to New York and a weekend trip to visit Leandra’s cousin in Atlanta.
Memorable places and sights:
- Catching up with old friends, beer and bbq on our Dallas weekend.
- Finally enjoying the foods (and fortified wines) of Portugal.
- So many miles of pot-holed dirt and gravel roads to see extraordinary landscapes during our trips to Namibia (sand dunes and wildlife) and Patagonia (snow capped mountains and waterfalls).
- Watching our first ever live rugby match in Japan.
- Our long trips (Africa, Asia, and South America) were all in business class, and Qatar’s Qsuite was far and away the best business class we’ve ever experienced.
- For the first time ever we spent Christmas at home in NC!