Several weeks ago Leandra and I powerwashed the deck in preparation for resealing it before winter set in. It has been raining every couple of days ever since! Here’s the deck following our cleaning efforts
The last few days have been dry, and since we didn’t go to Asheville this weekend, I figured I should get it done now. We decided to go with a grey semi-transparent stain to hide some wood coloration and to blend with the house. The shot below shows how far a gallon of stain got me:
The wood was really thirsty. After Leandra ran to Lowes for a second gallon I was able to just barely finish the rest (phew!).
The color came out a little lighter than we expected, but it still blends in with the other greys, and at least the deck will be protected for the next few years. We’re just happy to have it done!