Ok, so here’s where we left off.
It felt like days of scraping (because it was), but finally we got all the wallpaper and glue off the walls.
Once the paper was gone, we patched up the brown core parts and sanded everything down. I will take this opportunity to thank Eric for doing most of the wall sanding because I was about ready to toss the sander and spackle out the window onto the freshly stained deck.
Two coats of primer later, the walls were ready for the much brighter lilac color.
“Hey, Eric! This hardware has idiot-proof instructions and a template!”
At least, until you hit the stud with a humongous drywall screw and tear THREE MORE gigantic holes in the freshly painted wall.
The finished product! I will lay the new floor when we get back from vacation in January.
And just for fun… the before and after shots of the master bathroom.