So far, we only have one big trip planned for this year, but (of course) that can change at a moment’s notice with us! :)
Eric has a conference in Barcelona in early June, so he came up with the idea for us to try and get tickets for the second week of the French Open, thereby starting our trip in Paris for a few days before heading south to Spain. (We still haven’t decided on train or plane for this portion of the trip, so suggestions/advice are welcome.)
We had to wait a few months before the tickets went on sale, so in November when the process opened, we registered and excitedly filled in the information for our tickets. Four tickets for Suzanne Lenglen on both June 2 and June 3. We plan for Eric’s parents to meet us in France as this is the only way my mom-in-law will get my dad-in-law to take her to Paris, finally. :)
I was surprised to see the following email in my inbox less than 10 minutes later…
“Order processing and allocation of tickets will take place from the end of March 2008. We will contact you again by mail beginning of April to inform you of the result of your request.”
Huh? I have to wait until April to know if I even have tickets?!? Grrr.
As that leaves us less than 60 days before we have to leave for our trip, we may have to approach our travel plans a bit differently. Not that I would mind a few days in Paris, but the main purpose of the trip will be to attend the French Open. The good news is that we got in early in terms of the order request, so I have to believe that we’ll at least get the days we want. The bad news is that I’ve never done this before, so who knows what will actually happen.
Sigh. I should have known it wouldn’t be that easy. Stay tuned!
April 15 update: we got our tickets! :)