We’ve been planning our second trip to South Africa for a year, but somehow it has completely snuck up on us… Between the craziness that was August and getting house modifications finished, I can’t even wrap my head around the fact that Thanksgiving is next week!
(And I have an entire house to clean. Heh.)
(Oh, and see the photos from our first trip here.)
A few months ago, Eric set up a wiki to help us organize our activities for South Africa. We can both update the page as we discover things and keep track of the places we want to revisit as well as explore some new locations.
Here are some things that we are looking forward to:
- wine tasting—don’t get me wrong, we drank plenty of wine last time, just not in a, um, formal setting. We’ll need a set aside at least a few days for this. :)
- World of Birds—we only had about two hours here during our first visit, so I definitely want to go back, preferably with a fully charged camera battery, right Eric?
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens—last time we were there in March (late summer), so there should be an interesting difference in flowers. Hopefully, we’ll get to see more king proteas… we only spotted one in bloom on our last trip.
- hike up Lion’s Head—great views of Cape Town.
- whale watching in Hermanus—it will be the end of the season, so we’ll play it by ear.
- Cape of Good Hope/Cape Point—who wouldn’t want to see this view again?
I imagine we’ll also spend plenty of time on the beach, eating delicious food, rounding Chapman’s Peak, and playing with penguins. We can’t wait!