The spare bedroom is painted, but when I went to hang the curtains I realized that the three loops provided were not going to do the trick. The curtain drooped too much in between and the curtain rod would have to be hung ridiculously high to enable the curtain to cover the top of the window.
Instead of buying new curtains, we decided to add two more loops to the existing ones. I found a small tablecloth in a similair fabric and some simple silver shower hangers. I trimmed the edges of the tablecloth, ironed the pieces into shape and sewed them into clean loops. A little seam ripping and re-stitching resulted in curtains that now cover the window properly.
I figure I can use the leftover tablecloth fabric to make some matching throw pillows on the cheap. Which means I need to finally learn how to use my lovely sewing machine.